- Full-time, permanent role
- Coagulation experience a must
- Become part of an experienced team
- Investigate advanced coagulation cases
- Participate in the management of the Coagulation Department
- Work with a nationally recognised Coagulation Scientist
About the Organisation
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a large geographic area throughout Queensland and New South Wales and employing more than 2000 people.
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology services the Brisbane metropolitan area and regional areas extending as far north as Cairns and south to Coffs Harbour and offers both routine testing and specialised testing for referral laboratories throughout Australia.
About the Opportunity
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology has an exciting full-time opportunity for a Scientist to work in a senior role within the Coagulation Department of our Bowen Hills laboratory.
Applicants must be flexible to work across a number of shift times. The role will involve both local and corporate responsibilities for coagulation.
Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Performing a range of routine and advanced coagulation tests;
- Liaising with the Scientist in charge of coagulation and management, to maintain a high quality of coagulation testing across Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology;
- Liaising with haematologists and clients to ensure appropriate management of cases;
- Working closely with the Scientist in charge of coagulation overseeing the management of the department, at both a local and corporate level;
- Upholding quality standards within the laboratory by adhering to departmental quality system procedures;
- Complying with the occupational health and safety policy and programs to ensure personal health and safety, and the health and safety of others in the workplace; and
- Satisfying the requirements of customers, both internal and external, through the provision of reliable and efficient service levels.
To be considered for this position you will be degree qualified in Medical Laboratory Science or similar, with specific experience gained in coagulation.
As this is the coagulation referral site for Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, previous experience in a coagulation laboratory is essential.
Importantly, you will have the demonstrated ability to work methodically and accurately, whilst prioritising your workload. You will be organised, have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and be comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team.
About the Benefits
The high level of service provided by Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is delivered by a dedicated staff comprising of pathologists, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, collection personnel, couriers, computer personnel, pathology services assistants and other support staff.
The organisation offers staff members the opportunity to improve their skills through ongoing training, and provides an avenue for career development and advancement.
Permanent employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave- SNP staff receive 6 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave as per Collective Workplace Agreement.
- Staff Services Committee- provides functions and events for staff, fully funded by the Practice
- Employee Assistance Program- a free, confidential and voluntary counselling service provided as a resource to employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, as well as immediate family, with the aim of assisting with the resolution of personal and work related problems which may affect quality of life or work performance
- Private Health Insurance- staff have access to discounted private health insurance through MBF, HCF and Medibank Private
- Pathology Services- staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed Pathology Services
- X-Ray Services- staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed X-Ray and other diagnostic imaging through Queensland X-Ray
- Smoke Free Workplace- for those staff wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy in quitting, management provides a level of financial assistance towards the cost of nicotine replacement patches.