- Are you seeking a challenging and rewarding position? This is the opportunity for you!
- Attractive remuneration package plus an outstanding range of benefits!
- Supportive team environment, with significant opportunities for career progression!
About the Organisation
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a geographic area throughout Queensland and New South Wales and employing more than 2000 people.
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology services the Brisbane metropolitan area and regional areas extending as far north as Cairns and south to Coffs Harbour and offers both routine testing and specialised testing for referral laboratories throughout Australia.
About the Opportunity
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is seeking a full-time Laboratory Supervisor to join their Lismore Laboratory within St Vincent's Private Hospital Lismore.
Working hours are between 7.00am - 8.00pm, with participation in the weekend and on-call roster required.
You will be responsible for supervising and evaluating all scientific, technical, and administrative work in the laboratory so that excellence in service delivery is achieved for patients and referring practitioners.
Experience in the following areas is required:
- Haematology, biochemistry, blood bank, histopathology, and microbiology
- SRA, LIS, WHS, continuing education and Quality Systems
The successful applicant will also hold an appropriate AIMS-accredited degree in Medical Laboratory Science and have a minimum of two years’ experience. Demonstrable understanding of, or experience in, Leadership and Human Resources will be an advantage.
The successful applicant must be meticulous, efficient, and show commitment to patient care and customer service.
Please Note: A Driver's Licence is essential.
About the Benefits
The high level of service provided by Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is delivered by a dedicated staff comprising of pathologists, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, collection personnel, couriers, computer personnel, pathology services assistants and other support staff. The successful candidate will join a welcoming team, many of whom have stayed with the organisation for a number of years.
The Lismore Laboratory of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology promotes continuing education through support for conference attendance, and extensive in-house quality assurance programs, training and educational activities.
The successful candidates will enjoy a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications plus super, and the following permanent employee benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave - SNP staff receive 6 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave as per E.B.A.
- Employee Assistance Program - a free, confidential and voluntary counselling service provided as a resource to employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, as well as immediate family, with the aim of assisting with the resolution of personal and work related problems which may affect quality of life or work performance
- Private Health Insurance - staff have access to discounted private health insurance through MBF, HCF and Medibank Private
- Pathology Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed Pathology Services
- X-Ray Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed X-Ray and other diagnostic imaging through Queensland X-Ray
- Smoke-Free Workplace - for those staff wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy in quitting, management provides a level of financial assistance towards the cost of nicotine replacement patches