- Are you seeking a varied and interesting customer service position? This is the opportunity for you!
- Attractive hourly rate with additional penalties for after-hours shifts, plus an outstanding range of benefits!
- Enjoy ongoing training & development!
- Flexible, part-time position!
About the Organisation
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest private pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a large geographic area throughout Queensland, New South Wales and the Northern Territory and employing more than 2500 people.
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology’s Bowen Hills Laboratory offers a new and exciting state of the art laboratory with easy access to public transport and a security guard after hours.
About the Opportunity
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology’s multi-skilled customer service team is unique.
This is a varied role and will suit someone who thrives in a multi-skilled environment. On any given day this team can be performing tasks such as transferring incoming calls or coordinating a full building evacuation. No two days are the same.
Working at Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology’s main office at Bowen Hills, this team is responsible for several key operational functions including:
- Coordination of incoming calls to the company’s main switchboard and support for all of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology’s sites;
- Performing daily administrative tasks as Receptionist for the Bowen Hills Laboratory;
- Emergency Coordination (e.g. Chief Fire Warden role during building evacuations, first aid management and first point of contact for emergency situations that may occur at any of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology’s sites);
- Building security including actioning building alarms, monitoring CCTV and coordinating on-site visitors; and
- Temperature Monitoring for all Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology’s equipment across QLD and NSW.
Additionally, this team take on the responsibility of several other key departments of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology after hours performing the following tasks:
- Issuing of results to referring doctors and hospitals including critical results that may require more extensive follow-up;
- Monitoring of the Building Management System for the Bowen Hills Laboratory and attending to building related issues as required;
- Sorting, processing and distribution of patient samples including identifying urgent tests and coordinating on call staff;
- Coordination of couriers and hospital collection staff for sample collection and pick up from hospitals, collection centres and GP surgeries; and
- Providing general information to patients and referring doctors.
Staff working in this role are required to wear the corporate uniform which is provided.
Extensive training will be provided over a six month period and the successful applicant will be required to work full time during the first month. Subsequent training within other departments will also be provided which may also require full time commitment.
At completion of training, the position available carries a minimum of 50 hours per fortnight which will include some penalty shifts. As a flexible part-time employee you will be required to cover annual and personal leave which provides an opportunity to increase hours during that time.
We are currently seeking a confident, self-managing person who works well in a team environment or autonomously, thrives on challenges and efficiently multi-tasks.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person who wants to work in a small team covering a 24/7 roster. If you are a person who is comfortable making decisions, don’t shy away from responsibility, have a genuine interest in healthcare and want a long term interesting job, then this is the position you’ve been looking for.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- An ability to provide excellent customer service to all our stakeholders;
- A passion for helping people, no matter what the request;
- An ability to provide practical solutions calmly and efficiently in challenging situations;
- Moderate to advanced computer literacy with the ability to quickly adapt to new programs and technology;
- A commitment to continuous improvement and ongoing learning; and
- The ability to work within a rotating 24/7 roster which will include working shifts every weekend, participation in a public holiday roster (includes Xmas Day), and covering personal and annual leave.
- Previous experience in pathology or healthcare;
- Previous experience with facility services;
- Previous experience in the coordination of emergency situations; and
- Previous experience handling high volumes of incoming calls.
About the Benefits
The high level of service provided by Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is delivered by a dedicated staff comprising of pathologists, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, collection personnel, couriers, computer personnel, pathology services assistants and support staff. The successful candidate will join a welcoming and dedicated team.
Remuneration for this position will be discussed with applicants who are called for an interview. Shifts after hours incur attractive penalties on top of the base hourly rate.
In addition, you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave - SNP staff receive 6 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave as per CWA 3
- Staff Services Committee - provides functions and events for staff, fully funded by the Practice
- Employee Assistance Program - a free, confidential and voluntary counselling service provided as a resource to employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, as well as immediate family, with the aim of assisting with the resolution of personal and work related problems which may affect the quality of life or work performance
- Private Health Insurance - staff have access to discounted private health insurance through MBF, HCF and Medibank Private
- Pathology Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed Pathology Services
- X-Ray Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed X-Ray and other diagnostic imaging through Queensland X-Ray
- Smoke-Free Workplace - for those staff wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy in quitting, management provides a level of financial assistance towards the cost of nicotine replacement patches.
Bring your passion for customer service and administrative skills to this exciting opportunity - Apply Now!